The holiday season has arrived and with it comes the baffling job of selecting the “perfect” gift for everyone on your list. Well, if you’re shopping for a wine lover, or two, here are a few suggestions. (And FYI: I am not affiliated with any of these companies.)
1) There are times when the wine is just not chilled enough and adding an ice-cube is a bit tacky. So what’s a girl to do? Just drop in these little pearls and soon you’ll be chillin’ with style. SPARQ Wine Pearls come in a set of 4 stainless steel balls that will chill or maintain the temperature of your wine in the glass for at least 30 minutes. Now that’s a cool wine gift! Order at http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO1608934/Sparq+Wine+Pearls+Set+of+4
2) Wine geeks and tech geeks will love the Wine Cork USB Drive. Created using real wine corks, these little flash drives come with 8 GB storage and are compatible with Mac OS 10+ and Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Linux. Check out these little corkers at
3) And while we’re on the subject of computers, dress up your desk with a vino-inspired mouse pad. Several are designs are available, from the "Red Wines" mouse pad to those that celebrate the old art prints of the Roaring Twenties. With a non-slip rubber backing and hefty ¼” thickness, these pads work with an optical or ball-type mouse. Pounce on one at http://www.artplates.com/wine-drink-mouse-pads.html
4) So many wines, so little time. Besides selecting, cellaring, and enjoying the http://www.houzz.com/photos/7211503/A-Date-With-Wine-Wine-Stopper-modern-storage-and-organization
5) We all have that one person who’s just a bit off the wall and this could be THE gift that rocks their world because not everyone can tout a Wine Monkey Wine Bag with flair. Created from American red-heel socks this sock monkey vino bag will set you apart from the crowd, and your friends will go ape for it. Swing on in at http://www.urbangeneralstore.com/shop/wine-monkey-sock-monkey-wine-bag.html
Just for Him:
6) What man could pass up a power tool? And now it gets even better: the Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver comes complete with a corkscrew attachment.
7) And for that die-hard beer drinker, let him have his mug and chug Chenin Blanc too. The WINESTEIN double-walled stemware mug keeps the wine cool while making a statement. The mug/glass holds 8 oz. of your favorite vino, so pour a tankard and toast the season with gusto.
And as always, a bottle of wine is always welcome by vino lovers, just try to make it more of a middle-of-the-road offering that everyone can enjoy regardless of their taste preference: Riesling, Beaujolais, or a nice Port.
Tis the season, so let’s celebrate it with verve and vino! Cheers!