New Year’s is one of the most popular times to give a toast. But, don't try too hard; a toast doesn’t have to be a long, rambling, or memorized performance; it can be as simple as raising your glass toward someone, or to an event, saying a few words and drinking.
Here are ten toasts to offer up as you ring in the New Year tonight!
– Rudyard Kipling
2) May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
– Joey Adams
3) Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year, everybody.
– Phyllis McGinley
4) Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer, With never a thought of sorrow; The old goes out, but the glad young year Comes merrily in tomorrow." – Emily Miller
5) Here's to the bright New Year and a fond farewell to the old; Here's to the things that are yet to come and to the memories that we hold. – Unknown
– Michael Varma
7) A New Year’s toast to love and laughter and happily ever after. –Unknown
8) Another fresh new year is here, another year to live! To banish worry, doubt and fear, to love and laugh and give! – William Arthur Ward
9) A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other! – Anonymous
10) Here’s wishing you more happiness than all my words can tell, not just alone for New Year’s Eve but for all the year as well. – Unknown
And when all else fails, “Happy New Year” always conveys the thought! Here’s wishing you a happy, prosperous and beautiful 2015!